Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Equipment Mounting Suggestions

Options
mousey
mousey Member Posts: 7
i just got a used 2005 Fundeck GS 202 Outboard.  Debating on whether to install a mounted VHF but if I do, not sure where to mount.  I do want to install a bracketed compass and probably a 5" fishfinder.  I plan on replacing the gauges this winter as they are hard to see.  They do work.  Except the depth sounder.  May be some other gauge there.  The regular radio does not work and not sure if I am going to replace it yet.  Kids say yes.  hahaha
Because of lack of space and the curves of the top I am not sure where to mount things.  Suggestions?  Pictures?

Here is a picture of my current dash.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Stylish" dash boards and helms don't often leave much room for additional electronics.  Looking at your dash panel and helm, in my opinion, I would probably get the biggest in-dash fishfinder that fits that doesn't get too close to other gauge openings and mounting screws (like 1/2" to 3/4" minimum, more is better to reduce the risk of cracks) .
    I was in a quandary with regards to VHF as well.  I elected to go with the highest watt handheld and added a bracket on the bimini top frame to mount an external VHF antenna to help with the range if I needed it.   
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• mousey
    mousey Member Posts: 7
    Options
    I have pretty much decided on a handheld vhf as well.  We are planning on being close to major areas so a handheld will do the best of both worlds.  Small and handy but yet should reach the area that I need.  And of course phones will be our backup.
    I figured out where to put the compass.  Waiting for Santa Claus to get me on.  I think we have figured out where to mount the fishfinder.  We are hoping to put it on the mounting bracket and mount it directly behind the wheel but high enough to clear the top of the wheel but low enough not to block the view.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds good!  Post some pics of the project if you can!  I'm sure others will appreciate it.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer