Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Trim Up For Trailer

tmanmi
tmanmi Member Posts: 4
I just purchased a 1994 SD 185 with the 4.3 Merc and alpha drive.  The trim will only go up and down about a 1/3 of the length of the cylinders.  I don't see a separate switch to lift for trailering.   Am I missing something or is something brokern?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    There isn't a specific trailering setting, you just raise the drive up.  If your trim cylinders are not fully extending, then you have a problem.  They often can be rebuilt.  There are plastic trim lock brackets you can install once the pistons are fully extended to provide strain relieve to the drive unit while trailering the boat.  They are called Stern Drive Trailering Clips.  The ones shown below are from Overton's.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• tmanmi
    Found this button but is doesn't do anything. Separate from trim.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Not quite sure what that is.........

What panel is it part of?
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• tmanmi
    It is at the bottom corner of the shifter.  Took the rubber cover off and clean the contacts and it works.  Raises the drive up completely.