Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

wiring diagrams

We just bought a 2007 fundeck, but there are lots of issues with the wiring from the previous owners.   Is it possible to get a wiring diagram?  

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I need the full model number in order to assist you.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• renita13
    renita13 Member Posts: 2
    196RE?  is this it?  
  • cjjjdeck
    Yes, that is the model number of your boat, thanks.

I have sent you a personal message, just click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen.

• abparkinson
    abparkinson Member Posts: 9
    Hi,
    I have a 2017 SS 201 I/O.  Both my stereo and the depth finder don't seem to have any power and the circuit breakers aren't out.  I've check all of the fuses at the batteries and they are good.  Is there a fuse for the stereo and depth finder somewhere else like under the transom.  Could you also send me an electrical diagram for my model?   It's hard for me to tell what the fuses on the batteries go to, plus where the power source for the radio and depth finder come in.  Thanks!
  • Budley
    Budley Member Posts: 1
    I also need the wiring diagram for a 1998 Fundeck Model 196RE!
  • Mike_54729
    Mike_54729 Member Posts: 5
    Hi.  I have a 2016 SD187 Merc I/O 4.5L. Under the dash with a zip tie, are 3 wires with connectors; 1 black (round female end),blue (flat end), and a red and blue (flat end). Since I have installed a Humminbird 899 to replace the worthless OEM in the hull factory installed depth finder, I'd like to find a set of wires to connect the 899. I could use the unused wires, unhook the OEM dinder, or tap into something else. Any ideas from anyone on what might be the best? Thanks.
  • cjjjdeck
    In response to Budley's post, I have sent you a personal message, just click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen.

• cjjjdeck
    In response to Mike_54729, below is the ABYC Wiring Color Chart.  It will give quick reference to identifying those wires.  I will also send you a Personal Message with the wiring diagrams for your boat, just click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen.

From what you are describing, the red and black wires are probably the ones available for auxiliary electronics.  You need to see if it is constantly hot, or if it is hot when you turn on the Master switch.  If it is not hot at all in either condition, the other end of the lead may be near the battery and needs to be connected.  My dash had an "Aux" rocker switch on it that the dealer used to hook up my electronics.  Whatever way you decide, just make sure the circuit is protected by fuse and/or circuit breaker.

Regarding your comment on the in-dash depth gauge, just for the record, the Faria digital in-dash depth gauge installed in my boat has always read the exact same depth reading as my Lowrance HDS-7.   I thought it was interesting that both depth finders had the same accuracy when one had the in-hull transducer design verses the transom mount.  Though not as useful for navigation (charting & plotting) and fish finding, since its purpose is depth info only, I am very glad to have the in-dash depth finder as a back-up if my HDS dies on me (as it did one time due to an intermittent short, which I found, luckily).  Having both systems on separate circuits makes it even better.  I have always found that "Depth" is really the  most important information you can know, especially in unknown waters. 

• NDBruce
    NDBruce Member Posts: 1
    Greetings, I have a 2006 FunDeck 19'6" with a Yamaha 150 that I love.  But the all the accessories and lights have gone bonkers of late, and mostly don't work.  Could I get a wiring diagram for this model, please?  I didn't post my hull number here in case that would be considered bad form.  Thanks much and Good Summer to All!
  • cjjjdeck
    NDBruce, I have sent you a personal message, just click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen.

• khansen90
    khansen90 Member Posts: 1
    cjjdeck, I have a 2007 Hurricane FunDeck 218RE with a Suzuki DF200 and am having electrical issues. Would you happen to have the wiring diagram for this model? Thanks so much!
  • cjjjdeck
    I have sent you a personal message, just click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen.

The ignition related wiring comes from Suzuki, so you will have to source it through them if you need them.

• JA_AK
    JA_AK Member Posts: 2
    cjjjdeck, you seem to be the go to electrician!
    Is it possible to get access to a the wiring diagram for a 2010 sundeck sport 232?
    Thanks!
  • cjjjdeck
    JA_AK said:
    cjjjdeck, you seem to be the go to electrician!
    Is it possible to get access to a the wiring diagram for a 2010 sundeck sport 232?
    Thanks!

• grw9
    grw9 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2011 194 Fundeck GS and have lost electrics to everything except engine gauges. There is power getting to the master switch, but nothing else. Is it possible to get a wiring diagram?