Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2016 SD 2486 - Bow Coushion Assembly

Options
mrobertsonsr
mrobertsonsr Member Posts: 7
Just bought a 2016 SD 2486 from a private party and am trying to sort out how the “accessory three piece” bow cushion assembly goes together which transitions the bow seating area into an full sun lounging area. 

The main cushion (larger one) is obvious. It simply sits on the edges of the lf/rt storage compartments, located directly in front of the windshield and is cut to fit. It’s the two remaining folding pieces that are the head scratcher. Looking at the underside of those two cushions, it appears some sort of support bracket along with some poles are needed to make it all work but I'm not certain of that. The attached pic is of some poles and brackets I found on the boat but am not sure they’re part of the cushion system. For the life of me, I can’t get the two cushions in a stable configuration. Anyone familiar with this? The posted bow cushion assembly pics/notes on other Hurricane models haven’t provided the necessary clues, at least to this slightly worn out noggin that is  : /

Any thoughts out there? 

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From what I understand, the sun pad works with the front table.  The table pedestal is designed for the table to drop down to the sun pad position.  The panels and poles you show in the picture fills in where the table doesn't reach, probably filling in towards the windshield walkway would be my guess.  How?  I have no idea, but it might become obvious when you drop the table into position.  The poles do look like they position themselves in the grooves on the underside of the panels.

PLEASE post pictures of the install if you figure it out so others may benefit!  Thanks in advance!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer