Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

How do I reach the oil filter on my 2012 sundeck sport 201 with 4.3 v6 mercruiser

beavertr
beavertr Member Posts: 3
Wanna change oil but can’t figure out how to get to the filter.  I can see it but can’t reach it.

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Was looking at some pictures of your model and without the ability to gain rear access, it looks very hard to access that filter.  Surprised that model doesn't have the rear engine cover lift up like my SD 237 does.

Just a suggestion, especially if you prefer changing your own oil, I would have a Mercruiser Dealer install a remote oil filter kit on your boat (yes, it probably should have had it originally. but it didn't).  That is really your only long term solution.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• beavertr
    Thank you for the response!  Yeah it’s a tuff one.  There is a bracket that holds the gear oil resorvoir that if removed would let me in the bilge a little further but not sure that would get me there.  Remote filter would be nice for sure.  Would that be a remote kit for a Chevrolet block?
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    The 4.3 is definitely a GM block.  But I noticed there seems to be different kit numbers from Mercrusier for 4.3 applications depending on year/type of 4.3 you have, I'm not sure where the difference lies.  So I'm also not really sure if an automotive remote kit will be a sure fit.  Maybe someone on the forum has had this done and can share as I'm sure their are plenty of others out there with I/O setups like yours.  
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• beavertr