Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

SUNDECK 2486

Options
chuck24
chuck24 Member Posts: 4
I just purchased the Sundeck 2486 and like the boat.  this my 10th boat.  I have an issue with the anchor provided by NJ Outboards as it does not fit the mounting clips in the anchor well.  I am told this is the right anchor and i would have to buy my own to fit.  I bought a fortress #11 but the stock angle does not fit either.  Going back to NJ Outboards and they tell me I have to buy a new anchor from Hurricane.  REALLY   they gave the right one but it doesn't fit the mounting clips --  anyone else having an issue getting a anchor to fit on the Sundeck 2486

Comments

• Raymar
    Raymar Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I have the same problem with my 2016. My local dealer is clueless and Hurricane is no help also. I’m going to fabricate pieces of starboard to make reducing plates to remount holders at a narrower opening so a Fortress 7 will hang in locker and shank will clear opening. Stupid engineering again from cheaper boat manufacturers.
  • RobertHan
    RobertHan Member Posts: 28
    Options
    My first introduction to Lewmar was one of their winches. It didn’t take long for me to try out their windlass anchor kit partly because of the performance I got from the winch on my smaller boats, and the fact that I needed support for anchoring on my larger center console.
  • thurricane
    thurricane Administrator Posts: 496 admin
    Options
    I have heard of people using a 
    Danforth #9
  • duke130
    duke130 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    I too had same problem. After much research and I found Chene Anchor Company. They make an anchor they call the Hurricane special. The stock on the anchor fits perfectly in the given space as does the anchor. The gentleman’s name is Chip Gardner. Was most helpful. Check out their site. And it wasn’t expensive at all. 

Chip Gardner (517) 202-2949 or 

Sales@cheneanchor.com

• duke130
    Options
     Mr. Gardner sent new hanger grommets along with anchor and I simply had to move them forward slightly and reattach for anchor to not touch fiberglass. This photo is before. 
  • duke130
    Options
  • duke130
    Options
    These are after. I added a piece of shaped starboard on each side, utilizing existing holes, and remounted grommets further forward. Works perfectly.