Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Updating Windshield on my 2012 Hurricane SS188 for Mirror Placement.

Would like to update flimsy windshield on my deck boat in order to place a mirror to better see skiers. Any suggestions?

Comments

• FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    My FD196 has a tiny windshield with 3 QD fasteners, maybe like yours? I could not find a clamp-on mirror that pleased me so ended up with one that slides into a thumb-screw mount attached to the LH side of the helm console. When in use the mirror is near the center of the boat and gives the driver good view of the tow, stows in console when not towing. I don't remember the brand but I will post a picture later. Probably cheaper than modifying the windshield and IMHO gives a better rear view.
  • FlyingV5
    Here is the installed mirror and it gives excellent visibility for towing. Down side is I think I ended up using a mirror from one source and a base from another to achieve the correct angle, so it was not terribly cost-effective.
  • sullmate
    sullmate Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
    I hate the flimsy windshield on the 188ss, (no wind protection). I believe Great Lakes Skipper may have a larger windscreen but no guarantees it will be a direct fit. You would think Hurricane would have an optional Windshield, no chance.
  • FlyingV5
    I call it an "Instrument panel rain shield", the pilot is still out there in the wind and rain with bugs in his teeth. But my boat is a FD196, strictly a fair weather craft, no pretensions otherwise.