Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2001 188 Fundeck Alarm goes off randomly

Options
thekurwoman
thekurwoman Member Posts: 7
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I have had a solid non-stop alarm go off a few times on my boat but have no idea what is alarming.  I have oil, I have gas.  It seems to happen at a higher speed.  If I turn the boat off and back on it goes away.  This last time I noticed my gas gauge dropped to empty even though I had almost an full tank.  Is there an alarm that goes off for low fuel?  Could my sending unit or float be bad?  Anyone have any ideas?  The boat keeps going just fine.

Comments

• omar174
    omar174 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Options
    What motor do you have? 
    2003 GS211 Yamaha 150 HP OX66
  • Thesteve
    Thesteve Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Options
    Could be an temp warning, do you have good water flow out of the witness hole?  If it is a 2 stroke, could be an oil tank low level float switch going bad. Never heard of a boat this size with a low fuel warning system. Let us know if you figure it out. Best of luck!!
  • thekurwoman
    Options
    It is a 2 stroke Yamaha 150.  it only happens around 30-35 mph and when I stop the boat the gas gauge goes up and down and all over until I turn the power off and back on.  The alarm won't stop until then either.
  • omar174
    omar174 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Options
    When was the last time you replaced the water pump, thermostats and poppet valve?
    2003 GS211 Yamaha 150 HP OX66
  • thekurwoman
    Options
    All was replaced a year ago.  I am wondering if the water cooling system is clogged up.  I have read that it happens.  I was not the first owner and do not know how well they flushed.  i also run in sandy water so it could be clogged.  Not sure how much pulling the water jacket would cost