Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Hurricane SS 202 Water Ski Speed Lacking

guyfromohio
guyfromohio Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited June 2017 in General Discussions
I purchased a brand new 2016 Hurricane SS 202 last summer.  I went through the break-in, keeping the speed low all summer.  Now that I have 15 hours, I tried water skiing.  Back in my younger, skinnier years, I was a very good slalom, trick, barefoot skier.  Today, I wanted to show my kids what skiing looks like, so I just tried two.  The boat could not get me out of the water.  I weigh 220 right now.  I thought maybe I was just too fat.  However, it couldn't pull my 110# 16 yo daughter out of the water.  Is my boat having issues or is this what I signed up for when I bought it?  A few notes:

1) it has the 4.5 I/O 200hp engine
2) no modifications have been done to prop or engine
3) there was about 700lbs on the boat without a skier in the water
4) even with no skier, it takes forever to plane
5) I can't get a top speed over about 35/40 after trimming
6) trimming beyond about 1/4 drops speed and makes a high-pitch noise (manual suggests nearly all the way up to cruise at speed)

What are the thoughts?  Is there a problem?  Is this just what I bought?  Can I do anything to improve out of the hole performance?  Can a grown man generally ski behind this boat?

thank you!

Comments