Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Problem with Ski Tow Bar on SD 187OB

Options
jlake
jlake Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
Hi, I have a 2013 SD 187OB and my tow bar came loose.  How do I remove the back seat cushion's back rests to get to the access port to re fasten the tow bar (as mentioned in a May 2013 post on this site)?  It seems like it's all glued to the boat and I don't want to force it off and cause more of an issue.  As it stands now, I cannot use the tow bar for tubing, etc.  Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• maxbird
    maxbird Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Options
    My SD 195 OB (same hull as SD187 OB) has a hatch under the rear seat that pulls down and allows access to the bilge area where the tow bar mounts.  Doesn't yours? 
  • jlake
    jlake Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options
    No, I have a seatback cushion that runs across the back.  There is an access port there but I cant' figure out how to get that seat back cushion off to get in and fix it.  
  • PescaBene
    PescaBene Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I have a different hurricane but maybe the seatback is mounted the same way.  There are a series of clips and screws on the bottom of the seatback cushion.  They are hard to see unless you get down low and look up.  Remove the screws and then lift up on the seatback.  The seatback is hanging on brackets that are attached to the transom.   Hope that works for you. 
  • Irons3733
    Irons3733 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    As a new 187 owner myself, I have heard that the ski-tow bars shouldn't be used for tubes.....anyone know if that is true and why?
  • FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The tow bar on my FD196 has a tiny sticker warning not to tow tubes. I got away with it once before I learned from this forum not to do that. Use a towing harness hooked to the two large eyes on the transom for heavy tows. The tow bar helps to keep the rope up out of the water but when a big tube dives into a wave the sudden drag can tear the tow bar right off the boat.