Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2016 Hurricane SS 202 with the I/O .... will bilge turn on if battery off?

I was able to secure a dock for the summer and am very excited about it!  My question.... there may be periods where I go two weeks without touching it.  Sad, but true.  If I have the battery switch turned off, will the auto bilge still kick on if the boat takes on water via rain storm?  If not, what do you recommend for battery position when docked?  It will be covered.

Comments

• guyfromohio
    guyfromohio Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Edit... I think I remember the sales guy telling me that the bilge is hard wired to the battery and not dependent on the battery switch, but I don't see that in any of the manuals.
  • Thesteve
    Thesteve Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Yes, provided it is equipped with a float switch. The float switch is wired directly to the battery and in series with the pump. So your battery switch should be in the "off" position. To test, just fill the bilge with a hose or if the switch is not integral to the pump, you can lift it to test. Bad news is if the float switch goes bad (and they do), it will run your battery dead. Mine did that, the pump is so quiet I never heard it. Hopefully the I/O is mush easier to get to than the OB. Cheers!
  • guyfromohio
    guyfromohio Member Posts: 21 ✭✭