Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2016 231 live wells

obxsam
obxsam Member Posts: 5
My front live well will not work, I have a 2 position switch and two control values, anyone know the orientation of these? My rear well works fine it's just the front 

Best Answer

Answers

• Hurricane0826
    Hurricane0826 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭

You will need to trouble shoot with a local Hurricane Dealer.  This line could be pinched or have a pea trap causing this to lose prime.  To locate a Dealer please visit our website at www.hurricaneboats.com and place your zip code in the upper right hand corner for a list of Dealers in your area

• obxsam
    Thanks for the advice, my dealer is 4 hours away do you have any information on the switch position?
  • KWRPE
    KWRPE Member Posts: 6
    Jumping Jeepers - I had the same issue, front live well not filling and confusion over switch settings.  Found relief by dumping a bucket of water into front live well to obtain a "prime".  Seems to work.  Did not know realize the well empties when in fill position running on plane - will need to test that one.  Also, the magic bullet seems to be leave in Recirculate and the well holds water regardless of boat activity - will need to test that too.  Great description - this live well thing has truly been frustrating  
  • obxsam
    Thanks for the comments, got to dig deeper to see what's up with my front livewell.....it won't prime backing up or filling it with a hose.
  • ss211
    ss211 Member Posts: 6
    Thank you all for posting this.  I just got my Sundeck SS 211 2015 and have front well not filling but I an hear pump run.  Rear fills fine.  Will try priming.
  • thurricane
    thurricane Administrator Posts: 485 admin
    check to see if there is slack in the line going to the front live well - this could be causing a p trap in the line
  • cherman
    cherman Member Posts: 4
    Its an old thread by im new to the issue.  Mine is a 2020 sd187 (new to me)  with only one live well up front.  But the switch has only one position.  The pump runs fine, I've tried running water in the drain and I've tried filling the well but the pump just runs and nothing seems to be happening.
  • thurricane
    thurricane Administrator Posts: 485 admin
    Double check to make sure the live well valve is in the open position. (located in bilge compartment)