Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Lost seat back cushion while trailering Hurricane

2»

Comments

• gmtk
    gmtk Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Happened to me yesterday on the way home. Lost the rear back cushion on my 2004 sd187.  Hoping Veada can help as Godfrey can't.  Very bummed about this.
  • hurrig8r
    hurrig8r Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    I always remove that back cushion out of my SD187. Had it end up on deck after a highway trip before. I'd guess Hurricane still makes the replacement since they still make the model.
  • gmtk
    The new 187 has a different back rest setup then my model.  VEADA no longer does custom work, even if they originally made the seats.  I'm waiting on Godfrey to call me back as my local dealer (4 hours away) doesn't have a part number.
  • 1pointofview
    1pointofview Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    I always take mine out and stow it in front of the capt chair or in my car.  The slide locks vibrate so much that it started to crack the fiberglass and I have had to replace 2 of the slides under warranty.  Bought one last year, $!7 for one barrel slide from Hurricane, yikes!

2013 Hurricane SS188
    115 Yam
    Magic Tilt Trailer
    Hotty Toddy
  • UltraGlide
    UltraGlide Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2016
    Had that problem with my 2013 187 they bounced loose but luckily they fell inside the boat. this happened on my first trip from GA to the FL keys when the boat was 5 months old. on the return trip I put all the cushions in the truck. After i returned I had our local upholstery shop make me some straps that snapped in to a couple of snaps I installed on each side just about cushion height and I never had an issue again.
  • gmtk
    So Veada is a dead-end. They were very nice but said they don't do custom work any more and didn't make the back rest for my boat.  I can't get Godfrey's part guy to call me back so I can get a part number either. This sucks.
  • hil
    hil Member Posts: 2
    Wow. Was looking up how to find the sitting part of my seat on my 1999 Hurricane 196. First day, maiden voyage, got home and saw the seat was gone. Back tracked my short voyage, 7 miles to the boat ramp and nothing. I saw this thread pop up and although I am totally bummed over this it  is nice to see what appears to be a common occurrence although without resolution. So I am a novice to all of the boating world. Recommendation please. 3/4 
  • omar174
    omar174 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    hil said:
    Wow. Was looking up how to find the sitting part of my seat on my 1999 Hurricane 196. First day, maiden voyage, got home and saw the seat was gone. Back tracked my short voyage, 7 miles to the boat ramp and nothing. I saw this thread pop up and although I am totally bummed over this it  is nice to see what appears to be a common occurrence although without resolution. So I am a novice to all of the boating world. Recommendation please. 3/4 
    Hate to break it to you, but you are out of luck. 

Hurricane dealers will be zero help unless you buy a set of furniture for a new 196, which may or may not fit your 99. 

You could get get lucky and find a used set. But will most likely never find the exact piece you need. 

Ive been looking for the piece my boat is missing for almost 2 years. Zero luck. 
    2003 GS211 Yamaha 150 HP OX66
  • mhefner
    mhefner Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    When I did a full renovation on my 99 201GS I used 4 appropriate-length stainless steel screws installed from the bottom of the corner seat cushion to hold it in place. 

For the removable cushions I installed a 4" SS hasp with a turning padlock eye that allowed me to lock down the seat cushion.  For the long port side cushion I used two hasps, each about a third of the way from the end.  The hasps also had the advantage of being able to lock the seat lockers if needed.  

For the rear center seat, which was normally held by a barrel bolt latch, I installed a 4" SS hasp on the inside on both sides of the seat.  I kept the barrel bolt latches in as well but I almost always find the bolts have vibrated out of the hole during a road trip.

So far no issues with the cushions while trailering at Interstate speeds.