Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Two batteries or one? What is best?

captg
captg Member Posts: 3
My 2012 188S is set up for two batteries. When I purchased it used, there is only one battery. Interstate 24M-RD 500CCA. Should I installl a second battery? What type of battery should it be?
Thanks for the help

Best Answer

Answers

• bigbuka1
    bigbuka1 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    I grew up on the water and learned at a very young age that if you have any tronics running...you should have a second battery...a deep cell is best but I have one deep cell and one cranking on my boat...
    2012 Hurricane SD2000
  • hurrig8r
    hurrig8r Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    2 batteries. I can run my stereo and whatever else all day at anchor and know that I still have a full charge on my other. I switch back to both batteries when preparing to leave though so both can be fully charged.
  • Thesteve
    Thesteve Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Two batteries for sure. Also need a god quality selector switch so you can isolate in case of an issue.
  • Thesteve
    Thesteve Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    That was supposed to be "good" not god.
  • bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    I have two batteries, but both are Dual Purpose.  I don't run stereo for long periods of time, could probably get by with one battery, but like the peace of mind with two (since the boat came with two).  There is probably a three year age difference between the two batteries so, allegedly, I should always have a good one.  Will probably replace one this year. 

Also, recommend an on-board charger.
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB
  • CaptMike2
    CaptMike2 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭

Always go with 2 or more depending on the size of the boat and load.

A Pirate 200 years too late, the canons don't thunder there is nothing to plunder, I'm an over 50 victim of fate..