Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Project Part III

Team36Grit
Team36Grit Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
Sorry to have to start another thread, #2 wouldn't allow me to post more pics.
FlyingV5 said:
Man alive! I was really impressed until I realized it's April 1st.
Not sure I follow, what exactly do you see as being a "joke"? Anyway, got parts ordered to get the motor back together, and the mid-section painted this AM. [img]photo P4020006_zpswqivurrb.jpg[/img] [img]photo P4020007_zpsmyxwznpg.jpg[/img]

Comments

• FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Team36Grit, please excuse previous post. As you note, editing posts is not possible else I would have deleted that as soon as I sobered up. Your custom boat build is amazing.
  • Team36Grit
    LOL, no problem, I get a bit wobbly myself sometimes. Thanks!
  • Team36Grit
    Well, have had boat in the water twice after installing . For the issues it had, it ran surprisingly well. I knew it had a charging issue (as in wasn't charging start battery), so I pulled the flywheel and found damaged stator. It's evidently a common problem for the magnets to let loose from the flywheel, and cause carnage underneath. http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo184/SkoolWheelz/Deck Boat/P4250001_zpsssf2mhrw.jpg http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo184/SkoolWheelz/Deck Boat/P4250002_zpsy9b44uz3.jpg So, new stator, rectifier/regulator, and since replacement magnets aren't available for these 60 degree "Looper" motors, a good used flywheel from down on the coast. installed all those, and she fired right-up, and now am showing a good charge to the battery. Was also having an idling/timing issue (idle speed is controlled by timing) which I was hoping this would also resolve. It helped, but not fully fixed. So as I had it running, it would idle, but not properly. Pulled all 3 plug wires off the port bank of cylinders that didn't make a difference. So now, it looks like I'll be replacing the power pack, which I can get in "kit" form with optic sensor and plug wires, which I plan to do. Last Friday when I had it on the water, prior to finding the power pack issue, I hit 39.5MPH at WOT which with being way over-propped (24 Raker that came on motor) at just over 4,000 RPM. Had no issued getting up on plane, so I was happy with that, and with the power pack being bad and playing a role in timing, I hope that resolves the idle/timing issues as well, then I can start working on finding the correct pitched prop.
  • Team36Grit
    Well, looks like my pic posting luck is back.... photo P4250002_zpsy9b44uz3.jpg photo P4250001_zpsssf2mhrw.jpg