Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Purchasing advice: Any information on SD192? vs SD187?

Hi. Brand new to the discussions here. I am very new to boats and have a lot of research have my eye on 2 used Hurricane SunDeck models. Would love to get any thoughts from anyone, especially if you have experience with these:

2006 SD 192 4 stroke w Yamaha 150
This one is listed around $16k. I like the layout and the 150hp motor and everything seems great. However, I have searched and searched and there seems to be VERY little, if any, information on this model. It's making me nervous. Literally, the only 2 links that come up on Google, are to the person selling this boat! Did the name change or was there something wrong with this model that I should know about? Just seems odd these days to not find any reviews, opinions, etc.

2012 SD 187 4 stroke w Yamaha 115
This one is around $23500 but has some fishing options I don't need. Obviously, I'd rather have a 150hp motor but this one sure has a lot of history behind it and a lot of great reviews.

Thanks for any help you can provide in comparing or letting me know your thoughts on the SD192.

Kevin

Comments

• omar174
    omar174 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Don't be surprised if it's the same boat with a different model number. I had a 201 which has been referred to as a GS201, FD201, and SD Sport 201.

I'd go for the 192 if it's in good shape. Personally I would find it more enjoyable because of the higher HP motor.
    2003 GS211 Yamaha 150 HP OX66
  • maxbird
    maxbird Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    I have a 2007 SD195 which is the next model of the SD192.  Same hull, windshield and basic layout with some added features/accessories for the SD195.  The SD187 is similar to both and adds or subtracts some features/options.   You will be getting the same basic boat with all 3 models.  All models max out at 200 hp so a 115 would be no more than adequate if you plan to do any water sports, especially with a full load.  Needs a 150 hp minimum to really shine.
  • KevinWild
    KevinWild Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm definitely leaning towards the SD192 w a 150hp motor. Of course, I have a 2000 Cobalt that is making my decision very difficult. ;-)

That's good to know about the SD195 being basically the same boat. I have found it incredibly odd and a little scary that there is zero information online about the SD192. I'll check for the 195.

Thanks! If anyone else has additional info, I'd love to hear it.

Kevin
  • bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    I will go along with the others for the SD 192.  Just get it on the water before you buy to get comfortable with the boat, and perform the usual due diligence prior to purchase.
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB