Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

No Power on Console. Where do I start to look for the issue?

Options
Morning,

Was out on a charter yesterday and I noticed that the radio had turned itself off at somepoint.  It was getting dark so I turned on the Navigation lights and nothing.  The master switch, which usually has a red light when it's "on," was completely dark.  The gauges were working (i.e. Speedo, tilt/trim, rpm) but the lights, radio, master switch, and bilge were not.  Made it home safely and charged the batteries overnight.  They were actually fine.  Motor ran the whole time so I assumed it was the other battery.  However, its fully charged and the switches still do not light up.

Where should I start looking for the issue?

Thanks

Captain Bob

Comments

• Bubspeed
    Bubspeed Member Posts: 3
    Options
    The Red Relay/Fuse was the culprit.  I went to take out the blue/green fuse and not only was it burnt but the tabs had corroded so badly that they broke off completely.  The local marina had a $11.00 fix in stock so I simply replaced it with a 30 amp thermal fuse.  There was also a $90.00 completely waterproof fuse but I am cheap and wanted to make sure that this was truly the problem.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the Owners Forum Captain Bob!

The problem you encountered is very often the culprit you found (rather quickly, I must add!).  That's the part of the boat that has the most humidity build up.  Glad you found it and posted the repair with pictures!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer