Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Docking Lights

tone100
tone100 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
I've got a 2011 SS188 that didn't come with docking lights from the factory. Anyone know where to get the ones that come with the boat? I like the look of them. Also there is a switch in the dash marked for the lights with wires connected to it. Any idea where they go so I can tie into them?
2011 SS 188 OB
Yamaha F150

Comments

• tone100
    anyone?
    2011 SS 188 OB
    Yamaha F150
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Hey tone...those can be ordered directly through your dealer. If you need specific manufacturer for that model, send your boat's serial number to Jennifer in Hurricane Parts (jstrukel@nauticglobalgroup.com). Good luck!
  • tone100
    Thanks Steve. Do you know where the wires go from the switch on the dash? I can't find them.
    2011 SS 188 OB
    Yamaha F150
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Just to make sure I don't steer you wrong...drop an email to Terri at tgipson@nauticglobalgroup.com. She has a wiring diagram she can send you. I'll post here when we get through with a document inventory.
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭

Just a consideration.  A friend of mine has a 2004 201 that didn't have the docking lights installed either.

We used something similar to this (again, if you want to buy the proper white covered ones the factory provides, you'll need your dealer to provide)  http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Driving-fog-Lights/Fog---Parking-Lamps/8283327.p

The switch has a common ground already attached to it.  Simply connect a constant power to one (just bridge from another switch) pole, and the other pole to the lights and you should be good.  (Again, Terri can provide you the schematic to get the right pole/setup) but they're fairly straight forward.

Hardest part is getting your hands in under the deck (via the anchor access at the front) to run the wires.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • tone100
    The switch already has a wire connected to it. I was trying to find out where that wire goes. I've got the schematics but I was hoping to save myself some trouble running the wires. I'll take some time in the off season to trace where that wire is going.

Thanks for the link to those lights.
    2011 SS 188 OB
    Yamaha F150
  • pascal1972
    pascal1972 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭

I've had alot of luck with Replacement Boat Parts. Used them for vents, drains...I recently had a cracked lens assembly on my 2007 SD 237 I/O and they were very responsive. Here is a link to what I think you might be looking for.

http://www.replacementboatparts.com/whitesurfacedocklight.aspx

2001 FD 228 RE 115 Evinrude FICHT
    2007 SD 237 5.7L Mercruiser MPI Bravo 3
  • tone100
    $50 for a set is pretty cheap. Thanks
    2011 SS 188 OB
    Yamaha F150
  • kjensen1
    kjensen1 Member Posts: 3

Did you ever figure out where that wire goes? Its a white wire with black stripe coming out of the Docking Light switch. I was actually putting lights in this weekend on my 2013 188 I/O and the lights were not there from the factory. 

• kjensen1
    kjensen1 Member Posts: 3

The wire for docking lights is already run. Its a off white wire with black stripe. Go to the front of the boat, pull the cup holders out and it is in the conduit. Its actually run all the way but it VERY difficult to get to the termination so will probably have to splice it.
  • medic181075
    medic181075 Member Posts: 4
    I am going to bring this thread back.  I just recently purchased a 2015 SD 187 IO.  I would also like to add docking lights to it.  Like the OP's boat, the switch is already there.  Is the wiring still the same as the OP's boat?  Same location & color?  How difficult is it to access the far front corners?  I am considering these surface mount lights: http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=ITC-Surface-Mount-LED-Docking-Light&i=847377  Does anybody know anything or have and experience with these lights?
  • ghsmp22
    ghsmp22 Member Posts: 2
    I've got a 2017 SS188 that didn't come with docking lights from the factory. There is a switch in the dash marked for the lights with wires connected to it. Any idea where they go so I can tie into them?