Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Live well install on 2002 sundeck 217

2»

Comments

• caseynettles
    caseynettles Member Posts: 69 ✭✭

Live well install completed.... after many curse words and a lot of sweat I finally got everything installed and functioning.  I am not going to say it was easy (pulling the hoses from the stern to the bow was the most challenging as well as just having access to reach stuff) but to those out there just know it can be done.  I learned some lessons that if anyone attempts this themselves feel free to contact me and I can share how I did it.  Now time to give her a nice cleaning and polish.

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it was always there Casey!

Awesome job, thanks for sharing!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Flippin good job!  I'm totally with you on the curse words and sweat..........sounds exactly like one of my projects.  I add beer at the end of the project to sooth the pulled muscles, aches, and pains, and reward myself for getting it done.

Well Done!
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • caseynettles
    thanks yall I am quite happy with how it turned out... and yes there were definitely a few beers to celebrate afterwards!
  • powerhouse
    powerhouse Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Nice job!

2002 FD196F/Yamaha 115
  • HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Very nicely done. Also, I don't have that thing on top of the drain pipe... which needs rectifying. I can imagine miscellaneous junk going down there and plugging stuff up.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• caseynettles
    I will report back next time I go out on how well it pumps (already tested drain by filling with water hose) and how well the raw water wash down performance is as well.  I am going to use one of those coily hoses with a spray nozzle.
  • jkohlerjr
    jkohlerjr Member Posts: 3
    My live well pump just died and I think I have a leaking drain hose.  I really like your setup.  It install hoses does the live well just pull out after removing cover and screws?
  • caseynettles

My livewell was already there just not the plumbing.  I do not think it will just pull out, mine is glassed in underneath with a thin sheet of fiberglass.  I drilled a 4" hole in the front left corner of the storage area under the bow seating area to gain access to  install the hoses and fittings, then put a 4" screw off access plate over hole.  I also drilled a 6" hole in the front of the ski locker to gain access to the bottom of the livewell tub and put a cover over that as well, just be careful with this one because there is a bulkhead you have to go through and you want to be sure you are in the middle of it so you don't compromise its integrity.  Seal any exposed wood you drill through is very important as well.  Hope this helps.