Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2008 GS 202 Fundeck Fire Extinguisher Location

gordonvp
gordonvp Member Posts: 8
I recently purchased a 2008 GS202 Fun Deck in Florida and brought it up to Indiana.  I noticed that there is no fire extinguisher on board, nor does there appear to be a location to put one (bracket or holder).  I will need to put one somewhere because the DNR will ding me if I don't have one.  Any thoughts?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on becoming a Hurricane owner!

Here's a picture of one mounted on your model boat.  Looks like a pretty good location to me. 
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to believe the previous owner didn't have it mounted in a conspicuous place; not very smart in my opinion.  Mine is mounted to the right of my foot when I'm at the helm.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• gordonvp
    gordonvp Member Posts: 8
    Well I'm making progress.  I was cleaning the inside of the boat and all the storage areas and lo & behold I found a fire extinguisher and mounting bracket still in the box inside the port side storage area.  It was buried beneath some flares and over-the-neck style life vests.  At least I have one but the DNR guy may not like it that it's not mounted.   I'll have to ask my marine mechanic the best way to mount that.  Hate to drill holes in fiberglass when I'm not sure of what I'm doing.
  • BWH
    BWH Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    FunDeck GS 194 here, mounted just like picture above. 
  • Jeronimo21
    Jeronimo21 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    gordonvp said:
    Well I'm making progress.  I was cleaning the inside of the boat and all the storage areas and lo & behold I found a fire extinguisher and mounting bracket still in the box inside the port side storage area.  It was buried beneath some flares and over-the-neck style life vests.  At least I have one but the DNR guy may not like it that it's not mounted.   I'll have to ask my marine mechanic the best way to mount that.  Hate to drill holes in fiberglass when I'm not sure of what I'm doing.
    I dont think there would be any issues drilling there but someone else may chime in.
    1999 Hurricane Fundeck 226  (Sold)
    2008 Hurricane Fundeck GS202 (Sold)
    2023 Sundeck 2400 OB  (Current)