Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Where can I find a headroom door latch?

arhodes2965
arhodes2965 Member Posts: 2
I have a 2003 SD237 and I need the latch for the head/changing room door. Can't find it anywhere. Anyone have any ideas where I could find it. I looked at pics of new models, and it looks like the latch is the same.

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    The SD237 model was made through 2013 model year.  Any Hurricane dealer should be able to order you a door latch for 2006 through 2013 model years of the SD237.  Might be worth the shot to pick one of those years and order one.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• arhodes2965
    arhodes2965 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, but I called a Hurricane dealer and he said he called Hurricane and was told they no longer make that latch and I might be able to find it from one of the after market companies. Looked all over and none have anything like it. Truth be known, I think the dealer never even talked to Hurricane and told me that to get rid of me, since I had to call back several times before I got that answer.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I just checked, that part is available from Hurricane through any dealer.  The part number is 156274.

I'm attaching a picture of the latch I'm talking about and is on my boat, just to make sure we are on the same page.  
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer