Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Hurricane horn

Options
Hey guys. I am looking for a new horn for my 2008 SD220. Does anyone know of the exact one I need. I have been looking on e bay and see they have flush mount 12 volts. It appears to be the same as whats on my boat but I am nervous to buy something if it is not a perfect fit. Any help. Thanks in advance !!!!

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The horns used on Hurricanes are called "Drop-in" hidden horns.  Although there are a number of manufacturers for this model product (Ongaro, Marinco, AFI etc.) It looks like the horn might be a Seachoice model 14571 as I found it on Amazon and one of the reviewers was a Hurricane owner that posted it was an exact replacement and fit.  There are other selling sources, just put Seachoice 14571 in your search engine.

Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/HIDDEN-HORN-Stainless-Steel-GRILL/dp/B0064MTOXC

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• nprcoolcop380
    nprcoolcop380 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks cjjjdeck you are awesome !
  • HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    Not suggesting you didn't check, but as I learned, the horn sometimes outlasts the button.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• nprcoolcop380
    Options
    Thanks Hydro !! It's def the horn !
  • HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    Would like to hear what you ended up doing with it. I've considered replacing mine with a behind-console compressor and horn mounted outside/on the horn hole, since the drop-ins are kind of weak.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• nprcoolcop380
    Options
    Just got the horn and will be installing it this week. I will let you know the outcome. It appears to be the same horn as the one i have.