Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Stereo will not turn on

I cannot get my Sony CD/AM/FM radio to turn on or be controlled from the captains seat.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• powerhouse
    powerhouse Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Have you checked power and ground going to radio?
    2002 FD196F/Yamaha 115
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Also check the switch on the console to be sure it is working......breaker OK.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • zeke5550
    zeke5550 Member Posts: 3
    I have checked the 12v power at the back of the radio and it is good. The switch is working and the breaker has been reset (even tho it was not tripped). 
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    @zeke5550, I don't know your radio, but most if not all radios have an inline fuse (which is unlikely if you've tested at the radio for 12v power) or a blade fuse in the back of the radio.  

If you have power everywhere in the boat including to the radio, and fuses are good, and you've confirmed the breaker/switch is fine, and no grounding issues, I suspect you have an electronic issue with the radio itself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Dallas_Hurricane
    Dallas_Hurricane Member Posts: 3
    On my boat you have to switch on the ACC switch on the panel to get power to the radio. 
  • rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    If your particular stereo has a removable faceplate, check to see if there is a reset function on the back of it or the front of the radio itself with faceplate removed. Mine has to be reset after loss of memory power when batteries removed over winter.
    Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection