Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Buying a New Boat

Options
Hello All,
We are buying a Sundeck SS 188 OB but not sure which engine to go with. These are the option
1. Yamaha 115hp - Four Stroke - Same Price
2. Suzuki 140hp - DF140A model - Four Stroke - Same Price
3. Yamaha 150hp - this is more $$$ for sure

I test drove the boat whit the Yamaha 115 so I definitely want more power but I am not sure about the Suziki Engine.

any suggestion comment will be appreciated.

Thanks you

Best Answer

Answers

• 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Go for the 150, you'll regret it down the road if you don't in my opinion, little more money up front but it will cost you a whole lot more down the road to upgrade it.
  • longlake
    longlake Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Options
    I bought a 2014 188 and went with the 150 yammy.  No regrets.  Having said that Suzuki makes a fantastic motor with a great reputation.  Sometimes hard to find a dealer to service since there seems to be fewer Suzuki dealers out there.  But you can't go wrong with that motor.
  • maxbird
    maxbird Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Options
    That's a heavy boat that holds up to 10 people.  It's rated for up to 200 hp.  Suzuki and Yamaha make very nice 4 cylinder 4 stroke 200 hp outboards that fit that boat very well.  Suzuki also make a 175 hp that I have on my SD 195.   If you can't max out, I suggest you go for at least a 150 hp motor or you'll be underpowered with any load or pulling skis or water toys.
  • jjsexyfun
    jjsexyfun Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you all....I think 150 or more will be the one...
  • jjsexyfun
    jjsexyfun Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Anyone running rhe Suzuki 140 on the 188 SS?