Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

SD-217 speaker size?

pbolden
pbolden Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know the speaker size needed for replacements.  I'm not near my boat (so I can't measure them) but wanted to buy replacement speakers before the start of the season.  SD217 (2004).

Thanks,
Paul
United States Coast Guard Aux, VFC, FSO-VE

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately Hurricane only goes back to 2006 with details like this.  I gave my dealer a call, whose had the line for a long time, and he doesn't recall Hurricane installing anything different than 6" size speakers.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• pbolden
    With that I can start looking at various 6" speakers and then confirm the size when I get back up to the boat.

Thanks cjjjdeck

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Any time Paul!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    I think they're 6-1/2", but am not sure. I will measure them in the next few days. I hadn't paid attention for years and now see that some auto manufacturers have "standardized" on 6-3/4". Why? Good question.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• pbolden
    Thanks HydroCanis.