Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2005 Yamaha 90 4-stroke..sporadic "peeing"??

Warsar
Warsar Member Posts: 15
Greetings: just purchased a one owner Hurricane 19 fd with low engine hours. Had the impeller changed (not the whole casing?!) plus replaced the thermostate. It stops "peeing" ....it seems...after it has been run in reverse...? We stop the engine for a minute or two, restart and shortly there after, all is well. ( Yes, I do run the wire into the outlet hole..) Is there some sort of sensor or ? that might be going out? Thanks, for the help.

Comments

• BWH
    BWH Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    Posted this previously.  Don't know if it will help, but worth a try.  Good luck!
    +++ Wanted to share so others may benefit. Suzuki DF-150. On lake recently with motor running fine. Headed in and noticed at idle I was getting very little water from my "P" tube. Pulled out of the no wake zone and got up on plane; excellent stream. As I had never had a stream problem, I arrived home and used the wire through the tube method a lot of folks suggest to clear any blockage in the tube. NO luck! Contacted my mechanic and he suggested using an air compressor with the motor running. Used the compressor and immediate strong stream. Learning point for me was on the Suzuki DF 150 and maybe other motors the "P" tube enters the motor cover on the starboard side and then snakes all the way around the motor to the port side before entering the housing. No way would a wire flexible enough not to do damage make the turns and twist required by this hose. Air hose worked like a champ. 
  • Warsar
    Warsar Member Posts: 15
    Thanks BMH...I'll give ita try. Also thought I would take off the hose into the thermostate and back flush it??! (Motor not running).