Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Bimini Top Manufacturer

Options
mspears1
mspears1 Member Posts: 5
I recently purchased a 2000 SD 237 OB and although the boat has only 240 hours, the Florida sun has done a number on the bimini top and cockpit and bow covers. I can have the covers made locally but the bimini is a lot less expensive on line. Does anyone know who manufactured the original bimini top? It is a four bow top and looks to be original. I searched the fabric and frame for a manufacturer and came up empty. I looked at replacement tops on line and found some that might fit but once ordered they are non-returnable. The rep at IBoats told me if the original top was made by Carver, Westland or TaylorMade, their product will fit. I am reluctant to order without knowing for sure. Any help would be most appreciated.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hurricane makes their own bimini tops at the factory.  Unfortunately, they have only kept patterns back to 2008.  I think your best bet would be to have a reputable marine upholsterer in your area make one for you.  You'll be able to pick the quality of fabric you want them to use and the fit will be perfect.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer