Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

repair parts

maxcof
maxcof Member Posts: 2
i need to replace my fuel cover on the outside of my hurricane.  this cap is a snap lock type cap, sealed again water entry.  the entire cap and enclosure is screwed to the side of my boat.  wondering if i can purchase just the cap and or the locking snap mechanism or the entire enclosure.......if it is still available.  i do not see a name plate.

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    This was used quite commonly on Hurricane boats.  Contact your local Hurricane Dealer, give them your year/model of your boat, and they can order one for you.

Go to Hurricane's Website ([link=http://hurricaneboats.com/]http://hurricaneboats.com/[/link]) and you can search for a dealer in the top right corner.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • shefvy176
    shefvy176 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for w/s s for 1995 sundeck 176. Thanks for any info. Gene
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    If I understand you correctly, you are looking for a new windshield.  If that's correct, here is a copy of my response to a replacement windshield question on a earlier post on the forum that might help you.

"I would contact them and ask if they can customize the existing windshield to be taller.

"There are replacement windshield manufacturers/fabricators that can duplicate plastic boat windshields.  I gave some a call to see what was entailed.  Most indicated that they would need pictures of the old windshield e-mailed to them to get an idea if they are able to match the dimensions and contour and, if they can do it, give you an estimate of the cost.  If you give the green light,  they usually want the original one sent so they can be as accurate as possible fabricating the replacement.

Here's some contact info on the ones I talked to.  There's more out there (maybe even located closer to where you live), this will at least get you going:

Stellar Plastics Fabricating, LLC
    14121 Gratiot Ave.
    Detroit, MI 48208 
    Phone: (800) 743-6001

www.stellarplastics.com

Talked with "Bill" (great guy, he was very helpful and accommodating).  He advised pricing can be from around $150.00 to $500.00 depending on how complicated the design.

Ridout Plastics/ePlastics 
    5535 Ruffin Road
    San Diego, CA 92123 
    phone: 858.560.1551

www.eplastics.com

Talked with "George" (also very helpful and accommodating)"

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer