Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Water fill on port side of 2003 Hurricane 211GS

JeffP
JeffP Member Posts: 7

I am new to boating and recently purchased the above boat, there is a fill in the back of the boat on the port side for water, is this fill so the on board sink is operational or is it there for another reason?  Thanks

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭

That would be your water fill for your fresh water tank.  If you add water in there, use a 1/4 teaspoon of chlorine bleach (NOT the detergent type bleach) per gallon of water to keep the tank fresh and prevent things from growing in there.  If you are in an area that has cold winters, you need to drain out all the water in the tank and run a gallon or two of non-toxic anti-freeze through the entire system before storing the boat.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• JeffP
    JeffP Member Posts: 7

Thanks!  Filling this tank should also help with the listing issue I am having that you commented on as well.  The batteries and the fresh water tank are on opposite sides. 
  • MacAttack
    MacAttack Member Posts: 13
    Anyone have a clue as to capacity of "fresh" water tank on 2003 GS211?
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Your boat has a 13 gallon fresh water tank.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer