Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Trailering Cover for 198 FunDeck

firstmate
firstmate Member Posts: 2

Purchased a 2014 Hurricane 198 FunDeck.  Talked with two custom trailering cover shops.  Both are hesitant to tackle the job.  The boat has a suntop, which in it's lowest position, is still about three feet above the deck railing.  It cannot go any lower because of the ski bar mounted on the back platform just in front of the motor.  Has anyone had a trailering cover made for this boat?  If so, could you upload some pictures which I could show the custom cover dealer?  We want a cover that covers over the suntop (entire boat) so we can also use it for winter storage in ND.

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭

OK, I'm scratching my head.  Did they give you any good reason why they wouldn't do the work. just curious?

Were these shops referred to you by your dealer?

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• firstmate
    firstmate Member Posts: 2

The one shop said he had never seen that type of boat and would have to spend time on research and development to figure out how to make a cover and didn't have the time.  The other shop said covering over the suntop created too much distance from the deck to the top thus creating too much fabric exposed to the force of the wind when trailering and that would cause movement and chafeing on the boat and suntop.

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭

Did either of them offer to make a trailer cover that allows for the bimini top to remain exposed (unless you are dead set against that)?  I wonder what they do for pontoon boats?

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer