Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Love my Hurricane boat

jbodollo
jbodollo Member Posts: 9 ✭✭

Took this pic of my SD 187 at Crab Island Destin Florida.

Comments

• 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
  • cregeis1
    cregeis1 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

We love our 2004 Sundeck 187 too.  We have taken it from Bath, NC all the way to St. Augustine Florida in small sections over the past 5 years and have loved every minute of it.  Most  of the time she is at our lake house pulling tubes and wake boarders.  Such a great sea worthy and dependable boat.  My family says it is time to move up to the new Sundeck 2200 DC but I hate to say goodbye to our 187!
  • gene
    gene Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a used 2004 198 and my question is for pulling tubes do you use the ski eye or the two tie downs on the side of the boat?
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    The ski eye will work just fine (ski "poles" DO NOT!)

My ski eye is located a bit low on my boat, so I also purchased the SportsStuff Booster Ball and it especially prevents the tube from nosediving by keeping the rope above the surface of the water.  It works really well.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=SportsStuff-Booster-Ball&i=14181

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Sounds like it comes with the entire rope—boat-to-Ball and Ball-to-towable, true? I'm considering it since I need to use the tow eyes rather than the ski pylon. The rope drags, and the towable submarines. Know of any reason it wouldn't work with a self-centering tow harness (I use this one: http://www.iboats.com/12-Tow-Harness-5000lbs-Airhead/dm/view_id.166433 ) ?
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    @HydroCanis, I use the booster ball with the self centering tow harness.  Works fantastic.

Yes, the ball includes the rope for both ends, with directional indications.  Just add the self centering Y harness for the eyes and you're in great shape.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • HydroCanis
    Great. Thanks.
    David
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• m0nicasage
    m0nicasage Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Gorgeous!!!! I want to go where it is warm!!!! We just trailered our boat 3 hours from Michigan to Illinois on Monday and brought it to our cottage 2 hours south on Friday. Saturday some excited boaters put their boats on the lake recently thawed lake, and 3/24(yesterday) it snowed 3 inches!!!!  Crazy week!  I want to be in Florida... where your boat is... LOLOLOL!!! Send us some warm weather!
  • jbkenn331
    jbkenn331 Member Posts: 7
    I had a similar question about the stresses put on a ski pylon when pulling an inflatable.  Bottom line is, don't use it.  Go with the "Y" harness attached to the stern eyes and use a booster ball.  That way any stress as a result of the inflatable nose-diving (between 2000 and 4000 pounds) is evenly distributed across the transom.
  • HydroCanis
    But you can't get as much height from the tube when your rider bails unexpectedly and it starts kiting before you can throttle back!
    David

• m0nicasage
    m0nicasage Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I just came on to check and see if the booster ball was worth it?  Love this thread, because I had one in my cart at overtons along with a tube... Does anyone have the Gladiator Hero 4-person tube?  I am ordering today... smiley Also Overtons has a coupon for memorial Day... It is MEMORIAL...  I just got 20% off my entire order!!! :wink: