Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2006 hurricane 237 speaker install?

just bought an 06 hurricane 237. I put a new fusion head unit in the boat and two infinite 6.5 speakers next to the captains chairs (already wired) looking at the wire harness, it crimped for 4 speakers but have only installed 2 so far. I have 2 more that I'd like to put near the bow, but I'm curious if the speaker wires are already ran? I noticed there is a black tube(?) with wiring in it running to the bow and back around the port side. Is there speaker wire already in there? 

Hopping to be an active member here. Thanks for any help

Comments

• omar174
    omar174 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

My fd196 was pre-wired, so I would say there is a good chance.

2003 GS211 Yamaha 150 HP OX66
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭

My 237 has the factory installed front speakers.  Hurricane uses the same wiring harness whether you have 2 or 4 speakers factory installed.  The wiring travels along the top interior edge of each front deck storage compartment.  I've attached a picture ( not the best pic, but it's what I have) showing the factory speaker locations.  

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer