Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Checking fresh water supply ?

Hello all, I have a. SD237, 2007 and was wondering if there is a way to check how much water is in the fresh water tank. Secondly, where is the drain for the fresh water tank. Thanks, Jerrry k

Comments

• 1pointofview
    1pointofview Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    I asked my service provider and they told me there was no drain for my fresh water tank, you want to empty it you empty from the handle. 
    2013 Hurricane SS188
    115 Yam
    Magic Tilt Trailer
    Hotty Toddy
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Only way I know to check the level on my boat is to remove the access panel on the deck closest to the fill port, stand on your head with a flashlight and you can see the fresh water tank.............Not a very good way to check the level.  If I'm worried about it being low, I usually just fill it until it overflows and I then know its full.  It would have been nice if Hurricane had included a gauge.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭

If you have an out board model, do the process Ernest T recommends.  If you have an I/O, the fresh water tank is located in the starboard back corner up against the transom.  You'll be able to easily see the tank and water level by pulling up the back seat/engine cover.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• hurricanenut07
    hurricanenut07 Member Posts: 9

Thanks guys, much appreciated

• cjjjdeck

Another suggestion regarding the fresh water tank, if you don't already do it.  Although we don't use the fresh water on board for drinking, I always add chlorine bleach to the water I put in the tank to prevent nasty stuff growing in there.  I put 1/4 teaspoon of plain bleach (NOT detergent type bleach) per gallon of water (1 OZ per 24 Gallons for higher volume calculations) and this has kept the tank and water clean.

• skidtrash
    skidtrash Member Posts: 60 ✭✭

thats a really good idea @cjjjdeck‌ thanks!... i always have to run the water a little before using it because it smells funky 

• cjjjdeck

Using the bleach process should eliminate that.  But you might want to add a stronger solution at first to clean what may already be in the tank.  Just let it sit a day or two, pump it out, then go with the standard formula and the funky smell should be history.

• skidtrash
    skidtrash Member Posts: 60 ✭✭

any idea how many gallons the 187 holds? @cjjjdeck‌

• cjjjdeck

Give me the year 187 and I'll be happy to find out.

• cjjjdeck

Never mind skid, I just remembered the great deal you got on a 2014 trade-in!  I'll be back.

• cjjjdeck

13 gallon tank on a 2014 SD187