Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Anchor compartment Sundeck 187 I/O 2014, ski compartment

jendice
jendice Member Posts: 3

We recently purchased the sundeck 187, and there is an anchor storage area. We have to use a mushroom anchor where we boat. My husband is concerned about leaving the anchor in the anchor compartment, he thought it might mess up the bilge pump. We were looking at it yesterday, there are two black clips that are on either side of the door, is this to hang the anchor on some type of pole. We did not receive a pole with the boat.

Anyone know if the anchor will mess up anything?

Also, we bought an off the rack pair of adult water skis, and they do not fit into the ski storage compartment (too long!!!) Now we are looking to find a rack to put on the new bimini rack, any one purchase one to fit?

Comments

• BWH
    BWH Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

Fun Deck GS 194 here, similar to recent newer Sun Decks I think. 

Without a picture, I can't be sure, but mine has two black clips on either side where the standard Danforth anchor rest.   My anchor does not rest down in the boat, but hangs from the black rubber clips.   My rope rest down in the bilge and would love to find a way to keep it from doing so. 

As for the ski location.  I have been tempted to hang my skis, wakebaord or kneeboard from the Bimini frame, but know it would be too much stress on the hardware and eventually lead to problems.  Would love to see some stoarage option ideas consiering all of these toys and a couple of people in the boat.       

• jendice
    jendice Member Posts: 3

I guess its not the standard Danforth type of anchor. I didn't realize the Danforth anchors have a built in bar. We have the clips, so I guess we could try to find a way to hang it, probably don't want it banging around in there though.

Which bimini style do you have? I think ours was a new option this year. Hopefully it can old the weight.

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    There should be a mooring cleat in your anchor hold.  I simply drop my anchor down inside, and then tie the rope off to the mooring cleat just inside and it keeps it from sliding all the way back in the hull.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    +1 on nquirk's comment.  I use a Chene (pronounced "Shane") anchor and it won't fit the anchor landing areas molded into the anchor locker on my boat, so I secure it to the cleat in the locker.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• ss188rider
    ss188rider Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    +1 on nquirk's comment.  I, too, use a Chene anchor and store my anchor like cjjjdeck.