Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Water temp gauge

Options
RichardD
RichardD Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
My 226 hurricane has a "blanked out" space for an additional gauge. I would like to add a water temperature gauge. My question is, does the wire harness from the motor to the dash contain the required wire from the sending unit on the 115 yamaha? If so, which one wouldn't be?

Best Answer

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If it is like the f150 you have to remove a plug from the engine and install the sending unit then run the wire from the sending unit to the gauge.  I installed a water pressure gauge in my empty dash hole, and the water pressure plug is very close to the location of the plug you remove to install the sending unit for the temperature gauge on the f150.  
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner

Answers

• Ernest_T
    Options
    I just looked at the rigging guide for a f115 engine.  There is one port on the engine instead of 2 like the f150.  You can use this port for either a water temperature gauge or a water pressure gauge.  You would have to buy the temperature sensor, which comes with the wire to run to a gauge.
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Ernest T, after thinking about it, I'm going to install the water pressure gauge as you have. It makes more sense than the temp gauge. First off, the engine has over temp protection built into it as I have read. If the pressure drops, the temp is going to go up as the result anyway. Plus, if watching the gauges, you'd catch the problem earlier. Thanks.
  • Ernest_T
    Options
    RichardD said:
    Thanks Ernest T, after thinking about it, I'm going to install the water pressure gauge as you have. It makes more sense than the temp gauge. First off, the engine has over temp protection built into it as I have read. If the pressure drops, the temp is going to go up as the result anyway. Plus, if watching the gauges, you'd catch the problem earlier. Thanks.
    I came to the same conclusion on my boat.
  • dduba
    dduba Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I just installed both temp and pressure guages on my yamaha 150. Only problem is fishing the tubes from the engine to the console. But that has always been a problem with the 226