Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Zip on boot for a 2001 FD 201 GS bimini top

LLHurricane
LLHurricane Member Posts: 1
Is there any way to still get a OEM zip on bimini cover with the Hurricane logo for a 2001 FD 201 GS?  It appears that Hurricane does not support replacement parts and pushes it off to dealers that tell you you need to contact the company???  It is unreal to me that such a high quality boat manufacturer would have no way for its customers to get easy access to OEM parts.  I guess I need to look for a different manufacturer for my next boat...

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    You know, I've seen pictures of covers with the Hurricane logo, but mine didn't come with it on.  I don't think I've seen them on some of the other boats I've seen at my dealer either.  So I'm not sure if a new one from Hurricane would have the logo on or not (or if it would fit your top), it's a good question.  

I don't understand why your dealer pushed you off on contacting Hurricane directly for something like this, did they even try?.  They should have handled this for you without a hitch.  I can tell you that my experience at the dealer level has been very different.  At minimum, they should have given you the name of a good local marine upholsterer which usually can do things like this too, but only after exhausting efforts getting it through Hurricane first.  Very frustrating to hear.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭

@LLHurricane, I agree with cjjjdeck.  This is a dealer issue, not a Hurricane issue.  Any Hurricane dealer can order you the bimini boot.

To the comment about logo'd boots.  I'm not sure when they stopped, but in fact Hurricane no longer logos their bimini boot.   In 2002 they did as a few of us all had them but another friend's 2004 didn't, nor do the 2010 or 2012 models that I've personally seen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    @LLHurricane ... looks like Hurricane is offering logo protective boots again. There must have been some problem with the previous process and they weren't holding up. Some of the boats we just tested, had pretty nice ones that are made out of the same canvas as the bimini. Designed to wear, weather, clean the same way. Could be that your dealer hasn't seen those yet. Checking with Terri at Hurricane to see if those will fit older biminis. 
  • nquirk
    Well I guess its time to order a new protective boot so we can proudly show the Hurricane name as we tear down the lake :D
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    According to Lisa at Hurricane, she's saying they can put the new style of boot on boats going back to 2007. Just check with dealer and they can verify. And THEN you can proudly tear down the lake!
  • scottinplano
    scottinplano Member Posts: 3

I have a 2005 FD201GS.  Needing to replace the boot for bimini top as well.  Seems to be a problem for a few of us.  Anyone have some luck in finding one?  I'll need to find one in Forest Green.

Scott

Plano,TX

• ralphhwalker
    ralphhwalker Member Posts: 6
    My 2014 SundeckSport came with a logo'd boot. I can confirm the boot seems to made out of some nice material.

• nquirk
    @ralphhwalker.  That's an awesome looking boat and a kid who I'm sure wants to be in it not on it and ripping down the lake.  He's gonna love that this summer.  Enjoy!!!

2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
  • cjjjdeck
    I'm conflicted, I wish my boot had the logo, should I be hoping mine wears out soon...... Hmmm..... or maybe Father's Day....

• scottinplano
    Is there a website where I can order a new bimini top storage boot?  The Hurricane dealer I bought the boat from was no help.
  • cjjjdeck
    Hurricane says they are available for purchase, any Dealer can get them for you.  I don't understand your dealer's lack of help on something as simple as this....... it's a no-brainer.  You can try another dealer by using the "Dealer search" field on the Hurricane Home Page.

• scottinplano

I've called 3 different dealers in TX, and none have gotten back to be about a storage boot for my bimini top.  Would anyone have a recommendation on one with good customer service?  This may be the last Hurricane I ever buy. This is crazy. 

• m0nicasage
    m0nicasage Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I too have had horrible luck with dealers returning calls.  Hurricane should just sell direct to their customers.  I wanted fishing seats installed, called several, even gave the part numbers directly from hurricane and no return call!  Totally frustrating!

• caseynettles
    caseynettles Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    my 2002 has the logo but I also would like to purchase a new one soon as I am not sure how long mine will last given its age...it does still clean up (vinyl) but I am sure its days are numbered, the top itself is still in surprisingly good shape.
  • rodnut
    rodnut Member Posts: 3
    I also called two dealers and they suggest a aftermarket boot. WTH I see boots on new boats why can't I get one? Seems to me that all I need to do is tell them the size and color I need. 06 257SD Blue I don't even care if it's not the same color blue. I just want cover!
This discussion has been closed.