Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Found supplier for original Rochester Twin Site dual fuel gauge level/sender for older hurricanes

This is my first try at a forum discussion. I purchased a 2005 SD217 in Jan. Having a problem with the dash fuel gauge and in going over the fuel gauge sending system found that the original tank unit is a dual gauge with one on the top and a sender unit. Found out it is a Rochester Twin Site switch on a magnetic liquid-level float kit. The unit is a 6700 series..  Found that a company called e-Components sells these units. The phone number for the comp. is 804-462-5679 and speak to Tammy. The web site is http://www.e-components.net/contact_us. I ordered one and should have it by the end of next week. I hope this will help any owners who are having problems with their gauges and .want to stay original on their boats.    Ado

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent info to share adoploutz!

I believe this unit is similar to one manufactured by Moeller Marine as well.  They describe it as a Conversion Capsule and it's available from iboats.  This may be another source for members with this type of fuel sending system.

Here's the link:

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• adoploutz
    adoploutz Member Posts: 2

Just wanted to update my post on the Rochester dual fuel gauge. Received the gauge, cut the rod to fit the tank and both gauges are working great. The total price was a little higher than the Moeller unit but still is working great.

Ado