Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Docking Light Improvement SunDeck 237

pascal1972
pascal1972 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
Hello,

I have a 2007 SunDeck 237 I/O, in the near future i'll be replacing the dock lights. I noticed the new 237's have a stainless housing for the dock lights. Are the new housings compatible with my boat and if so, what is the part number so I can get a price from my local dealer?

Here is a link to the item I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance for any help!
2001 FD 228 RE 115 Evinrude FICHT
2007 SD 237 5.7L Mercruiser MPI Bravo 3

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    They look like they are now a "fixed" design.  I get rain water accumulation in the corners of the front deck right where the docking light brackets are located on my boat.  I haven't had any corrosion issues on the light hardware so far.  I wonder if this design is better or worse for that condition.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• obabob
    obabob Member Posts: 5
    Did you get a response re: the fixed stainless steel shrouded docking lights.
  • cjjjdeck
    I'm checking into whether they can be retrofit to an earlier model.  Stand by.....

• cjjjdeck
    Although no one has done it so far, I was told the new style lights could be ordered and installed on an older SD 237.  There would be some modification (not sure what exactly) but it can be done an it will fit.  I would suggest you contact your local Hurricane Dealer to get pricing. 

• dwjcrna
    dwjcrna Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 fun deck 23 i/o. I need to replace docking lights. Any help of where I can get replacement?
  • cdoc315
    cdoc315 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Sundeck 237 and need to replace the dock lights.
    I noted the OP here posted exacty what I want to know but do not see any definitive answer.
    Will the new design retrofit an older 237?

If not, is there an aftermarket source for replacements that don't stick up and get stepped on or catch mooring lines like the originals?