Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Where/how do I attach fenders(bumpers) to a Fundeck 226?

skiwater9
skiwater9 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
As I am waiting for my new Fundeck 226 cruise model to be built, I looked at some pictures and don't see where/how to attach fenders (bumpers) for docking. any suggestions?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭

You have the bow and stern cleats that you can use to secure those locations.  For the amidship section you can take advantage of the exposed square tube railing (like at or near the gates) by using one of a number of brackets available and designed for that purpose.

These are available at pretty much all the on-line marine supply stores (Overton's, iBoats, West Marine, Defender etc.) Some are listed as "pontoon" fender clips or brackets.

As an example, here's a link to the Overton's page under "boat fenders".  It lists fenders and brackets in their selection:

http://search.overtons.com/?Ns=p_image_sort|1||p_purchased|1&cname=Boat-Fenders&Ne=1000&N=2244

There are a bunch of FunDeck owners in the forum, they may have other suggestions as well.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• servmgr64
    servmgr64 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    We use the square holders for pontoon boats just made ropes to the proper length & install them onto the top rail. Got ours from Overtons is very handy. 2013 FD226 2013 Mercury 150 4 stroke 2014 Shorelander trailer
    servmgr64 2013 FD226 2013 Mercury 150 4-stroke 2014 Shorelander
  • GEWarEagle
    GEWarEagle Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    I put the Perko stainless steel Finder Locks on our SD 2400 OB. I have two for the front finder (so the finder can be placed horizontally or vertically), I have one mid-ship and one near the aft. I placed them on both sides and I have my fenders labeled. I predetermined the length they needed to be so they are tied down to the lock. All you have to do is drop the lock into the holder. Very easy, and anyone can drop them in the hanger and not have to worry with tying them in place or trying to place the fender and dock line on the same cleat. A little pricy to set them up on both sides of the boat, but well worth it.

2013 Sundeck 2400 OB, Yamaha 250
    Spanish Fort, Alabama
  • FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    I used flat nylon webbing threaded behind the square tubing to tie brass rings in place, then I attach the fenders with snap-hooks to the rings as needed. It works, it doesn't scratch the paint, and it can be undone. After running like that for two summers as a test, I have purchased materials and plan to rivet metal loops to the tubing for a permanent solution. One forward and one aft is not enough, it needs one midship for coming alongside the dock, but we only carry four fenders because it never needs more all at once.