Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Drainage Hole in Under Seat Storage Area Clogged

nessdavy
nessdavy Member Posts: 6
I have a 2013 Sportsdeck and the port side, rear storage area under the removable seat isn't draining water.  I tried to use a plunger to pull any loose dirt/debris but no luck there.  Any ideas how I can unclog this drainage hole?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Some use compressed air, but not going too high on the pressure to damage the hose.  Sealing the entry point around the air hose insures better working pressure (to prevent blow back).
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• flundber
    flundber Member Posts: 1
    Check to make sure the hole is drilled out.  Mine was not on 2012
  • pmracing
    pmracing Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    I've always took the water hose and it seems to seal well.  Shove it in and hold it see if you get a blowout from somewhere outside the boat.  If not Home Depot sells small drain cleaner to push through it.
  • Drexx3
    Drexx3 Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Any more info in the small drain cleaner at Home Depot? I have a similar situation with the drain for the port side storage under the front deck seat in my SD2400. It drains, but very slowly. I've tried putting the sprayer right up to the drain and using pressure to free the clog but only a slow drain out the side.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 Sundeck 2400 OB w/Yamaha F250
  • snappy
    snappy Member Posts: 1
    If it wasn't drilled  what did you do