Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

batteries

Options
jands1099
jands1099 Member Posts: 3
should we use both batteries on our 2013 2200 sundeck OB at the same time or should we  alternate them?
Post edited by nquirk on

Best Answers

Answers

• jands1099
    Options
    yes it has that switch, but how do you know which one is the primary?

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I moved this thread to the Electrical Discussions section
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • jands1099
    Options
    thanks that answer helped a lot

• bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Options
    nquirk, following up on this topic, I have an Optima blue top dual purpose battery which I use for starting, and a Walmart deep cycle battery.  My practice has been to put the battery switch on "both" once the engine starts to recharge both batteries.  You mention alternating batteries.  Do you mean for starting only or alternating batteries each time the boat is out?
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @bshippjr, there is nothing wrong with the way you're using them.  If you have a starting battery, continue to use it for starting.  My alternating suggestion is if you have the same battery and never draw from the second.  When you use 'both' you're drawing and charging both.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer