Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Fresh water not working

slohrmann
slohrmann Member Posts: 1
Just purchased a  2005 SD 237.  I like it very much, but the fresh water does not work.  When I turn on the switch I hear nothing.  Where do I start to trouble shoot?  I cannot find a drawing in the manual that shows where the Fresh water tank is or the water pump to check it out?  Where to you find those resources?

Comments

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    @slohrmann ...checking on this question for you.
  • pascal1972
    pascal1972 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Hi slohrmann,

On our 2007 SD 237 the tank is located rear starboard side under the boarding ladder, fill port is just above the rear exit facing aft. We have an I/O so I just open the engine cover and can see the tank. The pump is located below the deck inside the furthest aft starboard locker, there is a removable piece of plywood and the pump is below that. We love our 237 and have made many little mods to make it even better! Let me know if you have any questions.
    2001 FD 228 RE 115 Evinrude FICHT
    2007 SD 237 5.7L Mercruiser MPI Bravo 3
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    @slohrmann ... here's the response from Terri in Hurricane Customer Support: 

If the switch is on and you hear nothing that would mean that the pump is defective.  I would have them look in the motor well to the starboard side that is where this fresh water pump is located.
  • QuPhilip
    QuPhilip Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2015 SD 2400 Sundeck.  Warranty just ended and things are starting to go.  The latest is that my fresh water pump is not working.  Is there a fuse or breaker for the pump?  Switch seems to be working as the indicator light is on, but I do not hear anything when it is switched on and nothing happens when I try to run the sink or back shower head.  I suspect the pump is bad.  Would the pump be located in the motor well on this model as well?  I just had to replace the relays under the dash due to badly oxidized posts.  I cover it when not in use and it is on a lift, surprised that things are failing already.  Anyway, if you can help point me in the right direction I can ensure that I am getting power to the pump and replace if necessary.  Thanks 
  • Jsimdawg88
    Jsimdawg88 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

Similarly, I have a 2003 Fundeck 232 OB.  I cannot find the fresh water pump.  When I look starboard from inside the battery compartment, I see a large white plastic tank with the input hose and shower hose heading to the top of the tank.  I can't see the pump anywhere.  Can anyone give me advice on where to find/how to access/replace it?  I've looked in all the accesses I know about, but not having any luck.

Many thanks.

• HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Location I can't say due to having a different model, but I've noticed a lot of more recent boats have a handheld "shower" or wash nozzle on a hose plumbed to their freshwater tanks (don't know if newer Hurricanes have these). I only have a little sink sprayer. I replaced my dead (probably wasn't winterized and froze at some point) pump with a slightly weaker one, which is OK for the sink, but now I'm thinking I'd like one of the handheld nozzles on a hose. 18 gallons freshwater tank would be sufficient for a little hosing off of a few occupants. But the new pump is not nearly up to that task. So all that's just to say that if you think you might want to upgrade your water system, consider replacing a dead pump with something with more power.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• CaptGary1
    CaptGary1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2014 sd 2400.  And when I turned on the fresh water I heard a lot of water running like someone left the bathroom sink running.  What do I do.  Are there schematics of the system.  Is there a broken hose.   How could this happen.  We hardly use it.  
  • jpsimmons64
    jpsimmons64 Member Posts: 5
    Similarly I have a 2003 hurricane fundeck. I pulled the fresh water pump about a year ago and am finally going to replace it, and of course,  I can't remember exactly where it is placed. I didn't  get a picture.  Does someone have a picture of the inside of this similar boat? Thank you.
  • educise
    educise Member Posts: 4
    We have a 2014 fundeck 226 with an aft fresh water washdown hose installed in the floor. When I went to pull it out, the lower part of the blue hose was leaking rapidly near the base just above where it connects to the housing.  How do we access the tiny area to fix it, there is no hatch to open and my hand does not fit in there. Must we saw open the deck just to access it? Also, the sink faucet does not work, little water comes out. Any help with the repair access is appreciated. Happy boating!
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    A picture of the washdown fixture/area might help us better be able to assist.

The pump probably supplies water to both the on board sink faucets and the washdown (my is like this).  It sounds like you have a leak at the output area of the pump.  If it is a Jabsco pump (mine is the Par-Max 2.9), these pumps use snap-on fittings for booth the inlet and outlet.  The hose may have come loose or is slipping off the fitting and needs to be re-connected, or you have a bad fitting that needs to be replaced.

Here's a picture of the pump:

Here's a list of types of snap-on fittings that attach to "A & B" in the above figure:

I attached the installation instructions for the pump series as well.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Steve_L
    Steve_L Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2020
    Thanks to cjjjdeck for the diagram!  I bought a used SD 2690 (2014) a couple of years ago and things are starting to break.  I had to replace the water pump (shown above) and had no idea where it was located.  ($90K boat, when it was new and no diagrams or operating procedures came with it!)  I did  find it underneath the most aft port side seat cushion and it was very easy to remove, especially with those "clip in" fittings.  When I'm done, I'll submit a short video or still pictures showing the process.
  • donnybob
    donnybob Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2017 SD.  Bought pre-owned.  My mechanic found the water pump in the bilge under the swim platform/aft boarding ladder - starboard side of outboard. The pump was just lying on the floor of the bilge because Hurricane had switched to a plastic bracket for the pump.  It should have been mounted on the bulkhead of the bilge.  Even though I wasn't a customer of the dealership, I called the VP and told him about what we found.  He called his contact at Hurricane and was told that they had had a bunch of calls with the same problem because of an inadequate bracket that had broken.  He arranged for a $250 reimbursement from Hurricane towards my mechanic who was able to fashion a new bracket out of metal hose clamps.  If the pump had remained on the "floor" of the bilge and had gotten at all submerged, it is not sealed and it would kill the pump.  I don't know if that's your problem, but it's worth knowing about what happened to me.  Long story, but pretty amazing response from the dealer and from Hurricane!
  • mrmotoguzzi00
    mrmotoguzzi00 Member Posts: 3
    Well this is a well timed post :)   2017 SD2400.... Same Issue... bracket is broken off and the motor is laying on its side..  I'd have never known till a few weeks ago when the pump stopped working all together.
    I can hear it humm and and just heats up, pump not spinning....
    and yes the location is in the rear panel on the port side with the fuel filter and bilge pump etc...
    Sent an email off to the dealer i brought it from brand new, hopefully i can get the pump replaced and a new bracket under warranty.
    I only have 100 or so hrs on the boat..
    Lets see what happens...

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you donnybob & mrmotoguzzi00 for sharing your experiences with this issue!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• mrmotoguzzi00
    mrmotoguzzi00 Member Posts: 3
    No reply from the dealer.... unfortunately i expected that based on previous experience, sigh...  will have to drive up this weekend....