Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

What size lettering for Hurricane Sun Deck

WE just bought a new 22' Hurricane SunDeck and would like to know what size lettering we should use for our boat name.  The website is asking for the length of all the letters.  Is there anyone who can give us some guidance?  Thanks!

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on where you plan on adding the name.  if its at the stern, I've used 6" inch letters, but on the gunwale you may require smaller lettering approx 3-4" in size
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • callforbids
    callforbids Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    If you have a Sun Deck you will certainly know that there is not much space on the transom to letter your boat with her name. I used 3" tall letters and they average about 2" in width. Naturally, an "I" takes less width than an "A".

Using that size letters my boat the name "Nauti - Gal" takes about 21" in width. I also have BLYC underneath the boat name.

You can also go to a vinyl lettering shop and these new computerized designed lettering machines will make about any size you desire.

Hope this helps.

Steve
  • callforbids
    callforbids Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    I have seen 6" letters used for naming a boat. On the Sun Deck some owners put the vinyl lettering across the transom well just to the left of the fresh water shower.
  • wcberger
    wcberger Member Posts: 7
    Thanks, Steve.  We bought the lettering online and used 4" letters. It was very easy to install and looks awesome!