Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Water pours out of livewell?

yzfmik
yzfmik Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
I don't use the livewell for it's intended purpose, but my kids like to put the shells they collect into it and fill it with water.  Everytime they do this, when I am running the boat water pours out of the top, even with the "Livewell" switch off.  It's not splashing around and a little coming out, it's pouring out?? 
2012 188 Sundeck Sport OB w/ Yamaha 115

Comments

• MichelBee
    MichelBee Member Posts: 33 ✭✭

I noticed the same thing with my 187.

There's a scoop under the boat designed to force water into the livewell when moving. You need to close or adjust the valve in the livewell to prevent overfilling.

This isn't a problem but a feature which I knew nothing about so it took me a while to figure it out.

Hope this helps

• yzfmik
    How do your close/adjust the valve? I've never seen anything in the live well to adjust.
  • MichelBee
    MichelBee Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    The livewell spout in the livewell.   You turn it until the water stops. 

There's also a valve in the bilge. 
  • yzfmik
    Ok, I've seen that valve in the bilge, but didn't realize the spout can adjust water flow. I'll try it next time I go out. Thanks for the info!
  • rgforrester
    rgforrester Member Posts: 7
    Also, make sure your drain hose is in the open position.  On my 2001 GS201 the drain hose exits the boat in the aft section on the port side of the engine mount.  Open that when using the live well and close it otherwise.
    2001 GS201 Yamaha 115 OB (4 stroke)