Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2013 SS188OB & storing towables

Options
ss188rider
ss188rider Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
While not in use, inflated 2-man towables and booster ball take up too much room beside the capt's chair.  Any suggestion on where to store them without deflating them while on the water?

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ss188rider, I have the same boat as you and the same issue.

There are a few options;

1.  Deflate and store but a pain in the butt

2.  Drop them off on shore (I tube, then dump them at dock and go back out to finish my water activities)

3.  Get your hands on this bad boy.  Hurricane has just announced it as an upcoming option and hopefully they will work on our current SS188.  If the price is right, I'm considering it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • nquirk
    Options

More photos...

2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
  • nquirk
    Options

One more....

2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

We store ours on the engine cover and swim platform which is great if you have an I/O, not so great with an outboard.  I'm sure there's some outboard owners that can comment better. 

Here's a link to a pretty cool product that might help.  I haven't used them but the reviews are pretty good:

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Tubekeeper-set-2&i=17741&aID=600G8&merchID=4006

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• 1pointofview
    1pointofview Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Options
    I have a 2 man WOW tube. it is big and bulky. I dont think putting it up on the Bimini top is feasible. So I found if I push the capt seat up and stuff it between the capt chair and the rear step in my ss188 it works out well.  It leaves all the seating open and when we stop it makes it easy to roll out back in the water when we are ready to ride. 

I do take a nylon rope and tie it to the inside handle behind the capt seat and loop it around the tube and the cleat on the outside cleat.  hold it securely and I can go as fast as I want without taking up any seating. 
    2013 Hurricane SS188
    115 Yam
    Magic Tilt Trailer
    Hotty Toddy
  • ss188rider
    ss188rider Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Options
    nquirk,  any idea of who the manufacturer is?  I want to check out this product. 
  • nquirk
    Options
    @ss188rider, I don't know the manufacturer but it is something that you can order direct via your Hurricane dealer.  I'm assuming it'll have different mounts for different models so I think going through the dealer will get you the right fit for your SS188.
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
  • FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Options
    My boat is a FD196OB.  A 2-man WOW tube fits aft of rear seat, forward of tow bar with a long bunjee or two to hold it in. Totally blocks rear vision. Larger towables must be towed, just shorten tow rope when empty. Like someone else said, leave it ashore if you're not riding it.