Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

fundeck front gate opening

Broadway
Broadway Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
Anyone have an issue where their front gate keeps coming open while underway or while being trailered?

Thanks,

Chris

2013 FD 226

Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

Venture Trailer

2nd RGR BN.

Comments

• servmgr64
    servmgr64 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    I have the same issue with mine when I tow with the cover on, which is always. My sewed a small strap to hold the door down & prevent the wind resistance from towing pulling the gate out of the holder. Gate has come open a few times in rough water with light load. With heavy load (more people) it did not come out. Have not talked to dealer about it yet, the door seems to be lined up properly with the rest of the fence, but there is clearly about 3/8 to 1/2 inch lower that it would fit in the holder. Servmgr 64 2013 FD226 2013 Mercury 150 4 stroke 2014 Shorelander
    servmgr64 2013 FD226 2013 Mercury 150 4-stroke 2014 Shorelander
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Broadway
    @nquirk...thanks for the guidance as usual.  I didn't even know those existed.  There is one set less at overtons as of now.

Thanks,

Chris

2013 FD 226

Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

Venture Trailer

2nd RGR BN.

• nquirk
    @Broadway.... glad you got what you needed.  Always happy to help out fellow boaters, especially the really smart ones (you know, those that picked Hurricane) \:D/
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
  • EzGoinFlGuy
    EzGoinFlGuy Member Posts: 29 ✭✭

Well guys, HERE IT IS!

Apparently luck was with me today! No shavings in the lower end, simple adjustment and that I need not be a softee shoving it into gear was their diagnosis!!  My 2006 196f had the 115 Yam with an entirely different feel when shifting. Tech said the gear train shift is different than my 2004 150 Yam, along with later technology. "There's nothing wrong with mine" hope he's right and he was extremely knowledgeable. So in other words shove it in not ease it in like the 2006 115 Yamaha. I still say if something feels different, check it out before it becomes a monster!

So Guys, maybe I'm out of the dark.. Hello I-Pilot! :o)

EZ

EzGoinFlGuy
    2004 GS 202
    Yamaha 150-4 Stroke
    Brooksville, FL

• nquirk
    EZ, that's great news.  Time for a happy dance  :-bd
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
  • Broadway
    Anyone have good thoughts on what type of screw to use?  Galvanized, Aluminum, stainless steel?

Thanks,

Chris

2013 FD 226

Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

Venture Trailer

2nd RGR BN.

• nquirk

I'd use a self taping metal (stainless steel) screw

2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
  • skibum
    skibum Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    I had the same problem on my front gate. Solved it with a quarter inch thick plastic shim under the gate closure slot. Looks tons better than a latch.
  • Broadway
    @skibum...sometimes it is the most obvious solution that is the most overlooked.  What did you use for a shim?  Is it something I could buy at home depot?

Thanks,

Chris

2013 FD 226

Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

Venture Trailer

2nd RGR BN.

• skibum
    skibum Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    I went to the dealer and they had a piece that goes on the bottom of the rail where it mounts to the deck. Used that and it looks like it is made for how I used it. Same color and material.