Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Bimini Quick Release Hinge - Post Only

Dacy75
Dacy75 Member Posts: 2
I have a 2008 Hurricane 2200 Sundeck outfitted with the Quick Release Bimini "Hinges" for my Bimini top. The hinges lock into a base into 7 places. The main hinges in the middle of the boat are 5/8" in diameter and the rest are smaller. Not sure what size but all hinges I have tried to order only come as 5/8" and changing the base in all but one spot is impossible. Does anyone have an idea what size the smaller hinges are or where I could get them? Thanks

Comments

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    From [Terri Gipson] This can be purchased with any local Hurricane Dealer.  The larger ones are what is being used today – they remove the black plastic insert – which then allow the 1 inch to be used.
  • jonesla
    jonesla Member Posts: 2
    I am new to the forum and I realize this is an old post...so hopefully someone will still respond. I also have 2008 2200 Sundeck and I think the part I'm looking for is the post as well. I need that little black insert (circle) that fits inside of the base. I didn't realize they were different sizes. two of mine are broken. I called a Hurricane dealer and sent them a photo. He said I need the quick release post and they were 25.00 each (which seemed expensive for that little black insert), but didn't tell me I needed to know what size. According to Capt_steve, they "remove the black plastic insert-which then allow the 1 inch to be used"...how does that help the smaller bases and hinges? Isn't the purpose of the black insert to allow the hinge to fit snuggly into the base?
  • jonesla
    jonesla Member Posts: 2
    oh...and is the POST the entire base or just the black insert?
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Owners Forum. jonesla!

It looks like that hardware is manufactured by Accon Marine.

I would contact them and ask if the inserts are available to purchase by themselves.  Hopefully they say "yes", as replacing the entire fitting is costly, but even more, a pain in the butt if you can't reach underneath.

Here's the link to their website: 

http://shop.acconmarine.com/category/10-quick-release-bimini-hinges.aspx

Please let us know how you make out!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer