Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Gas Odor in hull and cabin

Options
93Hurricane
93Hurricane Member Posts: 1
My 24 ft 93 hurricane mid ship I/O has a gas odor in the hull.  Cannot locate any leaks.   Ideas?

Answers

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@93Hurricane.   I'll assume that you don't have any fuel collecting in your bilge area?  If uncertain, add some water and check to see if you get a fuel/gas film on top of the water.

Common places for fuel leaks are filler hose to the tank, fuel lines or fuel filter (I assume this is a carbureted I/O with an inline filter before the carb?)

Do you have an external fuel/water separator filter that could possibly be leaking around the lines or the filter itself.  

I don't know this boat and/or its configuration but do you have an access port in the floor to see the top of the fuel tank to look for fuel leakage and/or see if the smell is stronger at the top of the tank.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer