Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

ski pole

1pointofview
1pointofview Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
on my 2013 ss188 there is a ski pole.  The pole is connected by a single bolt that is connected to a post that is bolted to the boat.  I can access the post by taking a single screw out of the back cushion and lifting it up reveals a round hole that gives me access to the post and mount.

I park my 188 in the garage but the pool is about 3 inches to high for me to squeeze into the garage so I found it easier to simply remove the pole but it was a pain because the bolt was super snug to get out.

so my question is this, I found a few large pins that fit the hole and it fits snug, just wanted to make sure there was not some sort of odd issue of vibration or some thing that makes it necessary to put a nut on the end of the bolt. 
2013 Hurricane SS188
115 Yam
Magic Tilt Trailer
Hotty Toddy

Comments

• permenjl
    permenjl Member Posts: 2
    I have found that if the ski pole in my ss188 is loose, it vibrates badly.
    2010 Hurricane SS188 OB
  • 1pointofview
    which may be why the bolt I took out was very snug. It was actually a threaded bolt with a nut on the end.  even after I took the nut off, I had to unscrew the bolt out of the hole because It would not slide out. 

if there was a design change I would suggest is an easier way to remove the pole but again, not many people can fit a 26 ft long boat/trailer in their garage
    2013 Hurricane SS188
    115 Yam
    Magic Tilt Trailer
    Hotty Toddy
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Excellent points, guys. Passing this along.
  • 1pointofview
    if I could give my other .02. I would change where the pin is located on the pole. Instead of putting the bolt behind the seat, I would put the pin on the metal plate that is located on the top deck.  still keep the post that the pole slides into but what actually secures the pole is located in the open..
    2013 Hurricane SS188
    115 Yam
    Magic Tilt Trailer
    Hotty Toddy