Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Where to install dual battery switch

Dave
Dave Member Posts: 30 ✭✭

I would like to install a dual battery switch on my SD217 but I don't see a good surface to mount it in the battery area. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dave

Comments

• rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Mine is mounted on the inside of the transom in the battery compartment. There is wood behind the glass/gel coat and previous owner placed it there. I don't particularly like it there due to possibility of over wash at the stern. One owner bolted it to the underside of the battery compartment hatch and used slightly longer cables to accommodate opening the hatch to reach the switch. When I replace my switch this Fall, that is a possible location for the new one. Try this link to photos of the installation I mentioned above:2001 Hurricane Deck Boat
    Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection
  • rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Dave here is the link to the one photo of the switch installation above:https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/DjXG2J4RPX2-84jraobi3UyAGlzss8joZQ4XHEGb-z6z=w273-h204-p-no
    Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection
  • Dave
    Dave Member Posts: 30 ✭✭

Thanks for the reply rdcastle, Can you reach your switch while in the boat? Extending or replacing my positive cable to install the switch under the cover would be really difficult as I can't even find where the cable connects at the starter end on the 5.0 Mercruser.

Dave

• mks
    mks Member Posts: 46
    I recently mounted my switch to the underside of the battery access hatch. You can use Star board as an extra layer for mounting. My daughters appreciate the relocation.